Monday, April 2, 2007

Are You Really Ready to Live Your Dreams?

I had dinner with a longtime friend the other night, and she told me she had just attended a wonderful workshop and learned another technique to assist people in achieving their heart’s desire. She described the process and offered to teach it to me.

I asked her if she had made the technique a part of her life, was living it and, if so, was it working for her. She didn’t answer the question and the conversation took a different course.

Later I recalled an experience with another friend who was one of my closest confidantes during my single-parent years. Since we also had full-time jobs, we had little time for anything else other than reading ourselves to sleep at night.

Each week we would read several self-help library books and then on the weekend we would switch and read each other’s books. After several years of this routine, we were having lunch one day and naturally talking about our mutual life situations, which were improving but not that dramatically or that much. I posed the question: We’ve read every self-improvement book there is, why aren’t our lives better? We laughed about it and then the conversation took a different course.

I never forgot my question and eventually realized the answer. No matter what you learn about changing your life for the better, unless you take the information in, make it part of your life and actually live it, nothing happens.

I also learned that once you have found the information that speaks to you at a deep level, you must be committed to staying focused and never giving up or giving in until you are successful. Another vital ingredient is a willingness to clear yourself of any energy you hold around invalid thoughts, life patterns, beliefs, attitudes or emotions that can block your attempts at any life-enhancing actions. You must also be aware that your goal/desire must come from love and reflect the highest and best for you and for others. And, finally, you must be willing to do whatever you are led to do to be successful.

It is no longer surprising to me that so many people are not able to fully understand the process, which requires great desire and commitment. It is possible to achieve a more desirable and meaningful life if you are willing to step up and take responsibility for your part. It isn't "pie in the sky" or magic and it won't be zapped on you as you sit idly by. It isn't a secret nor has it ever been. It isn’t easy, but it is possible.

I chronicled what I lived and learned about realizing my heart’s desire in the book “The Heart Knows the Way.” I also believed the information was so important that I also wrote a full-length article about it. For that purpose I also synthesized the widely-known and time-tested information into two condensed lists: “Ten Proven Steps to Fulfillment of Your Heart’s Desire” and “Clear Now and Create the Life You Desire.”

It was obvious from my experience many years ago that you have to be ready to open to the information, to trust it, to take it within and live it. If you are ready, the two lists are available on my Web site: http://www.fernstewartwelch.com/
__________________________
Copyright 2007 by Fern Stewart Welch

The author’s book THE HEART KNOWS THE WAY—How to Follow Your Heart to a Conscious Connection with the Divine Spirit Within is available from Amazon. com, other online booksellers, and through major bookstores such as Barnes & Noble

No comments: