Sunday, May 31, 2009

There's No Such Thing as Failure!

I received a number of e-mails commenting on a prior essay titled “Today Is the First Day of the Best Years of Your Life!” Each one said in so many words that s/he loved knowing there is no such thing as “failure.” That point didn’t occur to me when I was writing the piece because it wasn’t my focus, but my discerning readers are absolutely correct.

Here is the paragraph that gave them that insight and was the inspiration for this essay: The truth is that we are always successful. No matter what we are experiencing right now, we created it. If it’s really bad, and our life is filled with negativity and lack, just think how really skilled we are at creating such undesirable stuff. The good news is that we have the power and the ability right now to turn that around and start creating the lives we truly desire.

That is true! If our current life resembles a series of unfortunate events, it is time to embrace the fact that by changing our thoughts we can change our lives. Actually the thought of how successful we are at creating a miserable life can stand us in good stead. We can use it as a benchmark. Our ability to create a life we didn’t desire is exactly the same ability we will use to consciously create a much better life. The choice is really a no-brainer, but the how-to requires a little effort.

First of all, the desire for change has to be real, strong and deep. The “undesirable stuff” must no longer be desirable in any way, shape or form. Negative thoughts can create deep grooves in our subconscious and some have been around a long time. These long-forgotten negative thoughts determine our lives. We must work at releasing these hidden thoughts and beliefs, which have become powerful, and continue until they no longer take priority over our current positive desires.

When we are really ready for true change, the core of our being will resonate with this desire and actually work with us to bring about the change. This is soul work.

It is also a fact that at the deepest part of us, many people don’t think they deserve good. So it is vital to do some forgiveness work for ourselves and others. Here’s a tried and true technique that works and should be repeated daily as often as possible and with resolve: I freely and wholly forgive myself for any real or imagined wrong I have done to me, or to anyone else, past or present. I freely and wholly forgive anyone else for any real or imagined wrong done to me, past or present. I am free, they are free!

It is also necessary to find out what we really do desire in our lives. We have been thinking negatively for a long time, and it will take some inner thought and reflection to dig down deep and find out what it is we truly desire.

To do that, take a piece of paper and designate two columns at the top, one titled: What I Want in My Life and the other What I Don’t Want in My Life. We work with these until we move past any pie-in-the-sky syndrome [like being the first person to live on the moon] and start connecting with our true inner selves. Once we identify what we truly want and it does not take from anyone or harm anyone else, we are ready for the next step, which is clearing out invalid thoughts, beliefs and life patterns.

Here are three wonderful statements to repeat with great resolve as often as possible: I now willingly release any belief, need or pattern in my subconscious that creates resistance to my good on any level. I now willingly release any belief, need or pattern in my subconscious that holds onto the past. I now willingly release any belief, need or pattern in my subconscious that creates an imbalance in my physical body.

Only after all of that is it time to place into our subconscious mind the desires that resonate within our hearts and minds and to repeat them until they manifest in our life experience. Write out your own, as your words will be more meaningful to you, but here are some examples. Please note that they focus on the now rather than in the future, which always places them out of reach: I now accept good into my life. I now accept love, health, prosperity, wisdom, peace, joy and harmony in my life. I now accept the_______ into my life that I have always desired. And So It Is!

There truly is no such thing as failure! We always succeed. Whether what we create in our lives is desired or undesirable depends entirely on the choices we make each day. It is up to us!
____________________________________
Copyright © 2009 by Fern Stewart Welch

The author’s books: “You Can Live A Balanced Life In An Unbalanced World!” and “The Heart Knows the Way – How to Follow Your Heart to a Conscious Connection with the Divine Spirit Within” are available at Amazon.com and other online booksellers, as well as through major bookstores such as Barnes & Noble and Borders.

No comments: